VERY IMPORTANT ONSITE GATHERING INFORMATION
Over the past several weeks, local gathering restrictions have been lifting in various ways and with the CDC's releasing of very detailed guidelines for houses of worship, as well as in consultation with area medical professionals from our church and school family, we have been prayerfully seeking to navigate the current circumstances as carefully, safely, and compassionately as possible.
It is critical to understand, given the CDC's recommendations (along with all the current realities of liability), worship on our campus will look somewhat different for a while. The precautions and procedures listed below will be an important part of continuing our walk together as a St. John family in the love of our Savior and for each other, and our neighbors:
- New facility cleaning and sanitizing precautions are now in place, and public areas of our facility have been deep cleaned and disinfected with an antivirus fog this past week. In addition, disinfecting procedures will occur between worship services in seating areas as well as bathroom surfaces.
- Upon your arrival doors will be open to provide touchless entry.
- Masks are required for entry (extras will be available if you forget your own). PLEASE, PLEASE NOTE: This is not about you! It is to show compassionate love and concern for those around you. Help us to navigate this small detail that allows us to regather together.
- Inside each lobby area, welcome stations will be located with extra masks and hand sanitizer. Digital thermometer checks will also be available upon request if needed.
- Reduced seating capacity has been established in the sanctuary and gymnasium to enable social distancing to occur. Please look for markings on floors and chairs/pews for guidance.
- Time in worship will be as touchless as possible, with the elimination of: gathering of prayer cards, passing of the offering plate (instead available at the door), and welcome folder, as well as the temporary removal of hymnals and Bibles from the sanctuary racks, etc.
- Important communion serving procedure changes will be announced in worship.
- Nursery care is now available during 9:30 AM worship only.
- No coffee services or refreshments will be available, nor will inside gathering be allowed beyond the worship services. Socially distanced conversations are encouraged before and after worship out in the parking lot.
- Perhaps most importantly, do not even consider coming for onsite worship if you are at high health risk, or do not feel well, or have been exposed to someone recently diagnosed with COVID-19. If so, please utilize the continuation of online worship opportunities.