79 years of God's Blessings!
By God's grace, St. John Lutheran School has been proudly offering exemplary Christian education to the Rochester community for nearly 80 years. Our chool was founded in 1943, meeting first in a church building on Auburn Road before moving in 1945 to a converted white barn on our current property at University and Helen. This location has seen numerous changes and additions to our church and school facility.
St. John is pleased to warmly welcome students and families from Rochester and surrounding communities, from many walks of life and many backgrounds. St. John Lutheran Church & School also has a long history of providing leadership and assistance to neighboring Lutheran congregations seeking to provide solid Christian education to their members or even start their own school.
Today in 2021, we give thanks for God's continued abundant blessings upon St. John Lutheran School as we thrive and reach out to those around us.
A detailed school history is also available with picture links.